5.23.2005

Is he dead, Jim?

No, not dead, just very very lax in his blog-posting duties.

After missing two weeks with a very busy schedule, I haven't had much of an inclination to blog lately. I've thought about posting quite a bit, but haven't really felt I had much to say. That, I suppose, sheds some light on what part blogging plays in my life.

Blogging is a creative outlet for me, a time when I can sit down, take something that inspired me to sharpen my opinion, and craft a short message about it. For quite a while, it became an exercise in concision, discipline, and clarity in my written-word skills. And, as usual for me, I move on to other disciplines that need work. (currently I'm working on deepening my Bible-reading practices by focusing on depth instead of breadth, but that's another post.)

All that to say, I haven't entirely given up on blogging. I've just been spectacularly uninspired and unmotivated to post.

Since most of my "faithful" blog readers have no doubt long since given up checking for new posts on everyday wonder, I suppose I'm posting to vacuum. No matter; I went into this thinking that would most likely be the case, and if its chiefly a matter of creativity and discipline after all, then perhaps the better.

6 comments:

rebecca marie said...

i check it like seventeen times a day and i cry all but four or five of the times when i don't find anything new.


(p.s. the above sentence was comprised of lies)

Tim said...

I have the complete set of everydaywonder action figures, including "rappeling gear wonder" and "handspring wonder" that is able to do backflips and handsprings, and comes complete with action grip to hold PDA.

Gunslinger said...

I have the action playset, complete with the invisible cat, but non-invisible refillable cat hair (Sold seperately) Some assembly was required.

Anonymous said...

I know what that it is like, at times I can't think of what to post nor feel motivated on my blog.

I was starting to wonder why I hadn't seen any new posts in a while but I got the RSS feed for your site (among others) saved in FireFox so it is easy to know when you post.

Tim said...

I have the one with beard. I hear those non-beard ones are very valuable.

Anonymous said...

It has been so long since I've read your blog - or lack of postings - that I simply had nothing to say.